Essiac® Powder Formula
PREPARATION/DIRECTIONS FOR USE: One unit (approx. 1.5 oz/43 gm) of ESSIAC® Powder, the original proprietary herbal formula, makes approx. 72 fl oz (2 liters) of ESSIAC®.
PREPARATION BY DECOCTION:
1. Add one unit of ESSIAC® to 88 oz (approx. 2.5 liters) of water in a covered vessel. Use filtered, distilled or spring water. Use stainless steel or glassware. Do not use an aluminum vessel.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
3. Remove from heat, keep covered and let stand for 4 hours to attain maximum potency.
4. Bring to a boil again and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
5. Remove from heat. Cover, refrigerate and let stand for 6-8 hours to increase potency and to allow the sediment to settle out.
6. Scald, or dishwasher clean, a glass (preferably use many twist closed preserve type jars) or plastic container. Pour liquid out of the sediment, close and store in a refrigerator. A small amount of sediment may be present in the final ESSIAC® liquid. Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze or microwave.
7. ESSIAC® is an organic, non-toxic, drug free herbal remedy which contains no additives or preservatives. The botanicals used in ESSIAC® have not been treated with herbicides or pesticides.
Daily Usage (Powder) Use ESSIAC® for twelve consecutive weeks.
2 oz. (60 ml) every 12 hrs.
3 fl oz (60-120 ml) 3 times daily
1 fl oz. (30 ml) every 12 hrs. for daily well-being
1. No Food or Drink 1 Hour Before or After Taking ESSIAC®
2. Not to be taken by pregnant women, nursing mothers or infants.
Sediment: There will be sediment in the bottom of the vessel after the preparation. The sediment, when separated from the ESSIAC® can be applied topically like a poultice to that area of the body for skin problems or skin conditions, twice daily.
WARNING: Not to be taken during pregnancy, by nursing mothers or by children under 10 years of age.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, STORE IN DRY PLACE.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.